Probate Lawyer in Broward - The Probate Process

I have been handling so many probates that my assistant asked me kiddingly if i was the only probate lawyer in Broward. All kidding aside, we have been working on several Broward probates and most of our clients ask us to explain the probate process to them. Instead of boring them with a lengthy phone call, I posted an outline of the probate process on a sister blog called About Florida Probate. It discusses the main features of a formal probate administration and walks you through the probate process. The one question it doesn't discuss is how long it takes to probate a Florida estate. That answer depends on the facts of each case. For example, the personal representative may need to resolve a claim filed by a creditor, which could lengthen the formal probate administration. At a minimum, any estate must be open for at least three-months for the statutory creditor claim period. In most instances, a simple formal estate administration will take about five or six months to probate.

If you would like to learn more about the Florida Probate process, spend some time reading my new blog or call me at (954) 458-8655. I offer a free initial consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment