Deficiency Judgments – Don’t Just Walk Away

This morning, I read an article in the Miami-Herald about borrowers walking away from their homes because the value of their home has fallen below the mortgage balance. The article discusses the danger of doing so, and specifically mentions deficiency judgments. I wrote 2 blog posts, one defining deficiency judgments, and the other talking about what to do when facing a deficiency judgment, including negotiating with your lender. I keep blogging about this topic, because this will be a hot button issue for at least the next 5 years and I am constantly receiving phone calls from clients seeking advice in this regard.

If you are interested in learning more about deficiencies, you can either post a comment to this blog, contact me, a Deficiency Judgment Lawyer, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.



No comments:

Post a Comment