Deficiency Judgments

I have been asked by more and more of my clients about deficiency judgments. Most of my clients are confused about the difference between a deficiency and a deficiency judgment and sometimes use one term in place of another. A deficiency is simply a short fall in the amount owed to the bank after a foreclosure sale has taken place. The deficiency judgment is what results when the Bank asks for a judgment against a borrower for the amount of the deficiency. Since I have been asked so much about this issue, I prepared a deficiency judgment summary on my other blog, about florida law.

The summary provides an easy to read example of a deficiency judgment and some of the issues related thereto. If you would like more information about this topic, either read my blog post about deficiencies or simply post a question to this blog and I will be happy to answer your question. Alternatively, you can email me or call me at (954) 458-8655. I offer a free initial consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment